Monday, May 19, 2014

XIII: Its All Nothing in the End

As my time in Virginia went on I left the occult shop and took on a job at a local radio station. I feel into the job because the owner was a client of mine and came to me from time to time for readings. He mentioned that he needed someone to fill in and run the board a couple of nights a week. It was perfect for me because it was down the street from our house, in the middle of the woods and many of my favorite people worked there. So I started a rather strange career in the radio business.

My explorations into the meaning and access of Ain only grew as I now had a hermetic life in which I could work on the concepts that were developing in my mind. This was the true birth of the Black Sun System as well as my first direct experience with Nothingness that would so drastically change the course I was on.

I began to work with the Tree of Life on a purely numerical basis utilizing my background in Numerology. So when I was working with Yesod the ninth Sephiroth on the Tree of Life, I did everything in increments of nine. This evolved to the point that I would string together the verses in holy books numbered nine, made tapes from cd's with only the ninth track on them and so on. The idea was to begin to resonate at the same frequency as the number nine and hence aid in my invocation of Yesod.

I did this with every Sephiroth that I worked with. Still I needed a way to experience each of the Cabalistic worlds in a separate and complete way. Only by doing this could I accomplish the ultimate goal of having a direct experience with Ain. In my work and isolation the answers started to come to me like a madman’s vision it started to consume me. I was becoming the magickal process itself already. How far could I push it until insanity was the only outcome?

In order to separate the worlds I started to work them in their descending order. Atziluth being the one where Deities live and hence the most subtle. It is associated with fire and the Divine names of the Cabala. So I would work with only fire, Deities and the color associated with Atziluth for a month. Then I would go do Briah and do the same, then Yetzirah and Assiah. Each time working only with the symbols of that world and the number of the specific Sephiroth. Reaffirming that idea through my invocations. In other words I would “Invoke” Atziluth Yesod, then Briah Yesod and so on, doing everything nine times or things listed as nine. This made me seem like a crazy person, but it worked, my every thought was in line with the magickal intention. When I moved to Hod I did the same, did everything in eights, only listened to track eight on a cd and so on. Bringing it down through all four of the cabalistic worlds. The very act of living became my ritual starting with my morning invocation and ending with my nightly invocation.

As I worked this process through a couple of times, I realized that number was a huge component and perhaps held the key to my desire to experience Ain. So I started doing some more research and experimentation. I took a deeper look into Hebrew Gematria, an ancient form of numerology. Within this system they state that any two or more things with the same numerical value have a harmony or relationship of some kind. For this reason they do not reduce the numbers down to base nine like what is done in Pythagorean Numerology. What I mean by this is that in Pythagorean Numerology if you have something with a value of 224 it is reduced by addition 2+2+4=8 or 993 would be 9+9+3=21=3 and so on. In Gematria the 224 would stay 224 and the 993 would stay 993, this limits the things that would have the exact same value and so seemed more accurate to me. I also strongly agreed with the idea that things having the same numerical value had a relationship. I had found that to be true in my own experiments. I found by listening to only track 9 on 20 different cd's, it told a story and conveyed the ideas represented in Yesod. I began to see the universe as less chaotic and began to see these numeric threads throughout.

Based on all this I decided that I would work within the Gematria idea of raw numbers showing the harmonious relationship of ideas. I would also keep the Pythagorean idea that all things could be represented by number, including the idea of Ain. I further started to explore Plato’s and Pythagoras’ ideas of geometry. Plato surmised that all number could be represented in geometry and in essence geometry within nature is mathematics. Pythagoras felt the same including his research on re-occurring geometric patterns within nature and how they comply to mathematical formulas. I realized from all this four very important things. All things could be represented by number, all numbers could be represented by geometry, geometry is naturally occurring and because of all of the above, I could recreate any energy geometry and use that geometry to invoke it like a sacred geometric alphabet.

In all of this the concept of Hebrew Gematria and harmony of number was also rattling around in my head. Through further research and pondering I started thinking about wave theory and harmonics. Working at a radio station at the time, I got a crash course in how frequencies work, why they work and basic wave theory. According to wave theory the strongest vibration always wins. Put a bunch of instruments in the same room and play one of them, the others if they have any parts that vibrate, strings, heads so on, they will all vibrate to the instrument you are playing. Pound a drum in a room with a piano and the strings will vibrate to the rhythm. Do the opposite and the snare will vibrate to the pounding of the piano keys. I began to think that the reason my way of working the Tree of Life was so successful was because of this. I was causing myself to harmonize by surrounding myself with the number of the Sephiroth. I felt the effects would be even more so if I could surround myself with a geometric figure of that number. I began to experiment with this idea on myself and other unsuspecting citizens.

My first task was to create a geometric alphabet of sorts to consistently represent number. My thoughts went back to Lillian Majors and how she taught me numerology. She always talked about numbers being dynamic and changing based on the way other numbers would act upon them. This eventually led to the way that I would draw numbers, nesting them inside of each other to create a glyph that would appear to be spinning. I would also try to look at numbers the way that she did, try to get a feel for them to tell their story. I ended coming up with I have since termed the evolution of number which gives the why and how of the geometric representations of each number.

After creating my geometric glyph it was time to figure out how to use them. So I would work with each number starting with one drawing symbols and vibrating a corresponding cabalistic God name with them and see what would happen. Let me explain this better, we will use four as our example. I decided of course to use a square to represent four. This may seem very obvious, but there were many variables that I thought about, It has four points, symbolizes the four elements, is the shape of the foundation of most structures and so on. So in meditation I would visualize myself in a purple square and “vibrate” or chant the God name EL, because in Hebrew it is equal to four. I would then wait to see how the figure would react. If it seemed to grow brighter or the energy around me changed I knew I had the right figure, if not then I would try a different one. In the end I think the only thing that mattered was the number of points, the geometric manifestation of the number itself. However, I did this work with one through ten until I was satisfied with my results.

I then had to test these figures out on others to see if they had a consistent result. I would go to public events and visualize symbols around people while “vibrating” the God Name and see what kind of response I got. After the first few times I tried this, I realized I was onto something. The reaction they would have was immediate and obvious. I once went to a high school football game down the street from our house. I knew no one at the game or the high school for that matter. I went to the top of the bleachers and waited. I seen a group of people walking by, I put the symbol of 4 around one of them, then myself and vibrated the name EL, known as the God of friendship in some circles. He stopped in his tracks turned, walked right up the bleachers to me, told me he liked my boots and asked my name. We ended up being friends for the rest of my stay in Virginia. When I asked him about it later he said he just felt compelled to say something about my boots. I mean they were some pretty cool boots, but still.

One of the crazier things took place at a reception. Everyone was standing around like a school dance, the dj was trying but no one was getting into it. So I placed a heptagram over the crowd and used a God name associated with Venus to vibrate it. The place went crazy. I remember standing in the center of this sudden whirlwind thinking I was some kind of god, it was quite amazing.

After a couple more of these type of experiments I was ready to start working with the figures in conjunction with my cabalistic work. I then turned my attention back to symbolizing Ain. I went back to numerology and mathematics, and the answer hit me. Everything began to fall into place. If I looked at Ain as truly non-existence or before existence, then it would make sense that it would be a negative number. So I decided that working with the decimal points in numbers could allow me to symbolize the moving of energy in and out of reality.

Based on this I began to work the the Sephiroth in there pre-existent form. In other words if I was working with Tiphareth, I would begin with Ain Tiphareth. I would symbolize this as .0006 using my fancy new geometric alphabet. So instead of the traditional four worlds, I had the three stages of pre-existence plus the four worlds. I worked the tree in this way for awhile and soon added a couple of more stages because I was able to observe this process long enough to really get a good feel for how ideas went from nothingness into reality. I also started to abandon the Tree of Life at that point and work with pure number and concepts at that point. I would pick an idea and deduce its number and geometry and then invoke it daily using the same method I used on the Sephiroth.

Through all of this experimentation I developed what is now known as the Black Sun System. It would be my means of spiritual growth over the next decade or so. Here is a brief outline of all of the eleven rays that ended up evolving out of this process.

Ain
The first Ray of the Black Son is Ain, which is Hebrew for Nothing. It represents the idea itself, not yet having form or shape, or even thought. It is the concept of a thing. Ain is the dark womb from which all things come, the Darkness of Genesis. Mathematically it is .000 and is represented by three interlaced black circles to represent the ever expanding darkness. Ain corresponds to the idea of Nuit, for Nuit is the Mother of all and that which is ever expanding Its magickal weapon is a Black Sphere.
In the Darkness I conceive Thee.

Ain Soph
The second ray of The Black Son is Ain soph, Hebrew for No Limit. It represents the two opposite extremes of the idea. All truth must contain its opposite in order to exist, in other words, light needs darkness, good needs bad and so on. So Ain Soph are those two opposites that will allow the energy to exist. It is the clashing of these two opposites that give it its power to exist. Like positive and negative electrons, both are needed for matter to exist. This is why it is without limit. There is an infinite amount of power derived by the clashing of the two opposites. Mathematically it is .00 and is symbolized by the symbol for infinity being two circles entangled. One half is white and the other Black, to symbolize the concept of the two opposites. Its magickal weapon is a White and Black Candle or tingsha bells to represent the clashing of the two energies.
Through thine opposites I empower Thee.

Ain Soph Ur
The third ray of The Black Sun is Ain Soph Aur, which is Hebrew for Unlimited Light. It is the energy released by the clashing of Ain soph and hence the unlimited light of creation. It is the Idea complete having balanced its opposites. It is also the resolution of the conflict in Ain soph through balance. It is the concept perfected. Mathematically it is .0 and is symbolized by an empty grey or silver circle. This represents the cosmic egg and its unlimited nature. It is grey to symbolize the mixing of the white and black of Ain Soph and the fact that its force is derived from them both.Its magickal weapon is a silver or grey candle.
Through Thine Balance I perfect Thee

Adonai
The fourth ray of the Black Sun is Adonai, which is Hebrew for Lord or My Lord. In this case we use it in its more personal use as My Lord. Meaning the Higher Self or the Holy Guardian Angel. It is that power that guides us toward our works of greatness and is responsible for what we term Divine intervention. In this ray we find our perfected selves. So perfect in fact that it is beyond the physical, bridging the gap between the Un­manifest and the manifest. We find here the Lords of the Tree of Life and the Guiding intelligence. This is the seat of the Godhead. Mathematically it is the decimal point. Being in between negative and positive, yet defining them both. We symbolize it by the symbol of Spirit, as a Brilliant spoked Wheel. Its magickal weapon is the Lantern, symbolizing the lamp that lights our way.
Through Thine Guidance I reveal Thee

Atziluth
The fifth ray of The Black Sun is Atziluth, Hebrew for Nobility or Emanation. It is the first manifested realm and corresponds with Fire. It is the world of Archetypes and so is the home of the Gods and Goddesses of all religions as well as the Demi-gods and Demi-goddesses. It is the trans­formative flame of the Passions and the Cleansing flame of the spiritual aspirations. It is symbolized by the red upright triangle of fire. Its magickal weapon is a red candle.
Through Thine passion I inflame Thee.

Briah
The sixth ray of the Black Sun is that of Briah, Hebrew word for Creation. So it is obviously the ray were creation takes place after the cleansing of Atzuluth. It corresponds with water and so is symbolized by the blue inverted triangle of water. It is the home of all of the Arch angelic and Arch demonic forces. It is the watery ray of the emotions and so being is the muscle for all creation. Its magickal weapon is the cup.
Through Thine heart I createth Thee.

Yetzirah
The seventh Ray of the Black Sun is Yetzirah, Hebrew for Formation. It is the home to the Angelic Choirs and Demonic Legends. It corresponds to Air and so is symbolized by the Yellow Air Triangle. It is the mental realm were the formation takes place. Its magickal weapon is a Yellow Rose or the Censer.
With Thought I Form Thee.

Assiah
The eighth Ray of the Black Sun is Assiah, or Action in Hebrew. It is the visible universe and so corresponds to the element Earth. It is symbolized by the invert green Earth Triangle. It is the home to the Lower Angels and discarnate spirits. It is also the realm of planetary influence and planetary intelligence. Being Earth it is the world of the material universe. The first of the physical stages. Its magickal weapons are talismans, alphabets, the Earth Pentacle, and Bread.
On the Earth I give motion to Thee.

Adam
The ninth ray of the Black Sun is Adam, Hebrew for Humanity and symbolizes the physical body. It is symbolized by the Earth Pentagram and is the realm of the flesh. It rules of the physical body and the body of god according to the cabala. Its magickal weapon is the body, and Salt.
With Thine body I Invoke Thee

Ruach
The tenth ray of the Black Sun is Ruach, which is Hebrew for breath and is used here to represent the soul. It is the primitive animal soul within us. It is our inner motivation the star within us. It is symbolized by a black circle and cross and its magickal weapon is the lamp to represent the ever burning internal flame and the Black Mirror to represent the reflections into the soul.
In thine soul I become Thee

Atovam
The final ray of the Black Sun is the Atomic realm and rules over matter itself. It is symbolized by the atomic symbol of circles overlapping like an opening flower and is the glue that holds all of the sun together. Its magickal weapon is an empty container. This is the final stop of the energy before it goes back into the darkness of Ain to begin the cycle over again.
Out of the Matter I Maketh Thee

Through working with this system I had my first of many encounters with emptiness. The first one being of such a profound impact that it would take several years to put it into perspective. It was the result of one of the first times of utilizing this system. I believe I was still working within the Tree of Life. In fact I think I was working with the Sephiroth known as Binah which means understanding. So in essence I began by invoking Ain Binah or the understanding of Nothing. So it stands to reason that I would have a profound and direct experience with emptiness by doing such. I remember little of the actual experience, but what I do remember was this profound awareness of all things coming in and out of existence. I was so deeply affected by this experience that I walked around for months afterward stating that “It was all nothing in the end”. That became my mantra, my philosophy and the guiding thought in my life. I saw the black that I wore now as a symbol of this sublime emptiness. This origin and destination of all things. This was one of the most difficult periods of my life spiritually. Through this experience, I had lost all reason for living, I felt like all our efforts were futile, but at the same time felt so transcendent through this knowledge.

So there I was 21 years old, sporting my first tattoo, just a baby. Yet, I had developed a whole geometric based magickal system and through it obtained a direct experience with emptiness. Where could I go from here if all was nothing in the end anyway. Well, drive a motorcycle up the east coast of course, what else?

No comments:

Post a Comment