Tuesday, May 13, 2014

VIII: Director of Fun

Image

In the early days of my study I was very dedicated. I must have been 20ish and full of youthful enthusiasm. I was meditating everyday, learning mediumship, specifically “Direct Voice” or full trance channeling. So when the summer sessions at Camp Chesterfield were coming to an end, I was looking for a place to go to continue my study, taking the winter off was not an option.

So one day while looking through the paper, I came across an ad for a center called “The School of Metaphysics”. It sounded like the perfect thing. So I made a note of the beginner’s class and started attending. I would eventually convince a couple of my friends from my 12 step world to attend as well, so there was a group of us all working though the program together.

I honestly don’t remember all that much about the actual teachings at the school, but there were some very important aspects of it I did hold on to and still utilize to this day. Most of those things have to do with what they call “language of the mind” or dream interpretation. I would go on to teach the subject and expanded upon it to be a useful tool in interpreting the visual aspect of the expanded psychic sense known as clairvoyance.

I became heavily involved in the school and was given the title “Director of Fun” for reasons I can’t even remember now. It however became my nickname among my friends from that moment on. At one point I wanted to live at the center and dedicate myself to the practice. This feeling didn’t last long however, I soon found myself in conflict with many of the teachings but stuck around mainly because of an amazing connection I had to one of the instructors.

I walked into the School early on and went into the kitchen and there stood Terri. When I saw her I couldn’t believe my eyes. I knew her, I had seen her in the “Dream Schools” or “Astral Schools” that Francis had sent me too. So I obvious felt an instant connection to her. After we met and talked about our shared experience, we began to play with astral travel together. We would decide of places to meet during astral travel. We went to Egypt one time, met at the center one time (oh that time I actually woke the director, she thought my astral form was a ghost). Then we would both write our experiences down and compare notes. It was absolutely uncanny how much of an exact match our experiences were. I think I fell in love with Terri in those days. She was the first person I had ever met that seemed just like me. I didn’t think anything would ever come of it however. She was much older than me, I was pretty sure I was gay just not out yet. So it stayed a crush for some years.
ImageMy life was so very strange during this time. I was playing with so many altered states of consciousness, my reality was not the reality that most people would know. I began to spontaneously astral travel in my sleep, as a result people would see me all around town. I guess I was actually experiencing some form of teleportation, I’m not sure how that is possible or which factor was triggering it, all I know is that I was showing up at places, people were having conversations with me and I was at home sleeping.

The most extreme case happened one evening, I was supposed to meet my friend for coffee at a restaurant that we went so often they all knew our names. I was tired so decided to take a nap until it was time to meet. After my nap I cleaned up and went to meet her. When I walked in the hostess said “She is here this time, sitting over in the corner”. I must have looked confused because she went on to say “You know your friend who you were looking for earlier, she is here”. I then must have sounded crazy cause I said “I was here?”. She said that I had been about an hour or so ago. I was shocked, afraid and excited all at the same time.

After some time Terri had a falling out with the director and left the school. We remained friends for years after, she still has a special place in my heart. In fact I recently ran into Terri and we laughed about our astral adventures.

After Terri left the center I followed, I think I stayed as long as I did because of her. I had grown all I felt I could there and was ready to move on. My friends ended up attending for some time after that. One of them would go on to study Reiki and become my first Reiki Master. Years later the director of the school walked into my store and we had a long talk about those times. It seemed as though it was a transitional place for each one of us. So although I may have had some issue with some of the teachings and structure it did act as a positive catalyst for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment