Tuesday, May 13, 2014

IX: Cabin 30

Image

Summer came around again and my friend Rod had married my friend Carol. They were in a small trailer in Virginia while Rod was going to A-School for his Navy training.  They invited me to come out and spend the summer with them. So having left the School of Metaphysics and wanting to work more on my mediumistic abilities it seemed like a perfect fit.

By that time I was heavily engaged in working with the Cabalistic Tree of Life and had decided to utilize my mediumistic abilities toward that end.  I never really got the hang of using what I learned in the classic direct voice style of mediumship that the Spiritualists practiced.  Because I wanted to grow spiritually I had little interest in talking to relatives on the other side.  Instead, I had taken what I had learned from the spiritualists and what I had learned from the Cabala and other sources in a form of Channeling to communicate with my Higher Self.  In those days however I referred to it as my Master Teacher.  This connection being established I wanted to try and use the same technique to communicate with angels, Archangels and even Deities.   Me and Rod started to work toward that end.

Rod acted as my control, since I was in trance, he would ask them the questions, keep an eye on my body and later recorded the sessions.  The sessions started off with my Higher Self, then evolved to include an entity that called himself “Cardinal” like in the Catholic sense, then we started toying with Archangels and Deities.  The sessions became increasingly more and more intense and the information began to be very esoteric.  When I wasn’t in trance and would see myself on the video tape, it was quite obvious that it was not my mannerisms, it was so strange to see my body but hearing a strange cadence of speech coming from it.  Even more fascination was much of the information that would come through.  It was very spiritually advanced compared to my level of understanding at that moment.  I believe that those sessions changed my life.  I began to see a much bigger universe and although I didn’t always understand what was talked about, being immersed in that energy, I believe helped my own consciousness expand.  It was like I was being tuned to a higher frequency, and on that frequency was far more information that I was used to.  So much of the information still makes sense to me now, the information concerning myself always put the responsibility back on me.  They (the entities) never let me get away with much.  It seemed even then they were grooming me to depend less and less on them and trust my own intuition and abilities.  At one point I was instructed not to utilize that method for “readings” and only for deeper insight.  I was to use my own clairvoyance and intuition for reading others.  They were very good at always turning things into things that would create a greater independence and not dependence on them.   That has greatly affected the way that I teach as well.  I have always tried to do the same for others, teach them the way these entities taught me.

The sessions began to take their toll, not only physically, but on the whole dynamic of our household.  I felt like all Rod wanted to do was talk to those entities, and Carol felt a certain amount of neglect.  Collectively we decided to roll back on it, eventually we stopped it altogether.  Not before we had some pretty remarkable things take place.

There was one session in which we wanted to speak with Osiris, I think we had done it a couple of times before, each time with a bit more success.  Anyway, this one time it was with great success and Rod had recorded the whole event.  When we went to look at the recording, them moment that Osiris entered my body, the whole room was lit up.  We both were amazed and watched it again and again to see if we had just missed an outside light or something.  It laid to rest much of the doubt that I may have had in my mind.  It all seemed impossible when out of trance.  While I was in trance however, I didn’t have a doubt in the world.  In fact I remember that feeling quite well.  This feeling of being sure about everything just before I would lose consciousness.
Image
When I wasn’t in trance, I was having an amazing family type experience.  Carol’s son had come up, Rod’s sister as well. So it was a summer of lots of family activities.  Almost every weekend we would go camping, or go exploring a cave or something.  During the week it was much like Rod’s basement, music playing, art happening, lots of coffee and conversation.  We even managed to make some tie-dyes to offer up to the Sun.
One of the fondest memories that I have of this time and perhaps my entire life is of a cabin Rod rented in the mountains. It was our cabin 30, I can’t remember how long we stayed there, but it was a magical time indeed.  Cooking on a fire, tromping through the woods, sleeping in a primitive wooden cabin.  It was an amazing time.  It was the first time I encountered what I would classify as a nature spirit.  In fact like a whole bunch of them!
I was out walking on a path through the woods, and I kept hearing what sounded like animals rustling in the woods.  The rustling soon turned into what sounded like whispers, and then I felt like I was being watched.  Now, keep in mind that I was almost always in a strange altered state of consciousness, either from the intense trance states or long periods of meditation.  So everything became a weird mystical experience to me.  In this case I think I was just able to sense what is most likely in every remote woods.

The stranger thing to me was seeing what looked like some kind of weird dimensional doorway through an arch made of trees.  Now, again, I was seeing crazy stuff all the time, grounded is something that I was not in those days.  This however was odd, it looked like everything on the other side of the arch was blurry.  Like heat rising from the pavement.  I of course felt compelled to walk through it and so I did.  When I did, I felt things brushing up against me, much like I did in the first seance I spoke of.  I heard whispered laughter and the whole scene had a dreamy quality about it.

After some time I decided I needed to get back, only I didn’t know were back was.  I was so disoriented that I couldn’t tell how I had come to where I was.  I wasn’t at all afraid and didn’t feel like I was in any danger.  So I just decided to “play” with these spirits for awhile. Before I knew it, it was dark and I was very very lost.  So I asked my friends to get me out, and I did feel like I was being led by the hand in a specific direction.    It was very dark by this point and I was in the middle of the woods in a national forest.  I was led to a road, when I came out onto the road from the woods, I came directly in front of a set of headlights.  I heard a ranger call to me by name.  Rod and Carol had sent him looking for me after it got dark.  I’m not sure what lead me into and out of the woods, but they were pretty fun to play with.

After the summer was over I rode a train back to Indiana with Carol’s son.  We had all grown so close by that time, I had become like his uncle.  This was perhaps the first time I realized how much I wanted to be a father.  Up to that point he was the closest thing I had ever had to a son.  That would shape me in later years.  I never let go of that need to be a parent.  I am very glad for that because it motivated important decisions that helped me in a deep way later on.   It would also cause a lot of confusion, it would keep me in the closet longer hoping I could just be straight enough to have a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment